- Special Operations
About Special Teams
Special Teams provide specialized responses to a variety of hazards. Some of these teams function collaboratively on a regional, state and federal level. Members of these teams earn additional certifications and participate in specialized training, in addition to their regular firefighting training and duties.
Special Operations Teams
- Burn Team safely provides live fire training for the department.
- Fitness Team consists of personal trainers for firefighter health and safety.
- Honor Guard represents fire department through tradition and ceremony.
- Mobile EMS supports large events, especially sporting events.
- Technical Rescue utilizes specialized techniques such as rope, confined space and vehicle extrication.
- Water Rescue manages fire boat and dive operations.