Kiwanis Kids Train
- American Style Gas Locomotive w/smoke system, public address system, bell, horn
- Red Passenger Car
- Blue Passenger Car
- Yellow Passenger Car
- Green ADA-accessible Car
- All cars have seatbelts, a child-proof latch and floor lights
All rides are FREE!
*$5 event parking fee.
Kiwanis Kids Train Appearance Schedule
The Kiwanis Kids Train is coming to a park near you! The trackless train will make special appearances throughout the year at James City County Parks & Recreation special events and select parks. To Track the Train, view the Kiwanis Kids Train Appearance Calendar below or stay tuned to James City County Parks & Recreation's Facebook page.
|Friday, September 29, 2023||4:30-6:30 p.m.||Freedom Park||Yes|
|Saturday, October 14 , 2023||1 - 4 p.m.||Boo Bash at the Beach*
Jamestown Beach Event Park
|Friday, October 20, 2023||4-6 p.m.||Upper County Park||Free|
|Sunday, December 3, 2023||5 p.m.||Williamsburg Christmas Parade||**|
About the Kiwanis Kids Train
The train is a partnership between Parks & Recreation and three local branches of the Kiwanis Club--Kiwanis Club of Colonial Capital Williamsburg, the Kiwanis Club of Toano and the Kiwanis Club of Williamsburg. The Kiwanis Clubs applied for and received grants totaling $25,000 to fund this community project that could provide year-round, family-friendly entertainment. In the agreement, the County stores, maintains and transports the train to designated County and Kiwanis special events. The train made its inaugural debut during the Williamsburg Christmas Parade in December 2021 where it won first place in the Civic Organization entry category.
For your safety, Train Use Guidelines are available here and are posted onsite. Please note before you go:
- Maximum of six (6) children or four (4) adults per car or a combination thereof.
- Caboose is wheelchair accessible with a weight limit of 200 pounds.
- Each car has a 550-pound capacity; weight must be evenly distributed within each car.
- Food and drink are not permitted on the train.
- Pets are not permitted on the train.
- Train does not operate during inclement weather conditions.
For more information, call 757-259-5360 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.