Jamestown Beach Event Park
- Interpretive Signage
- Picnic Areas
- Wildlife Viewing
About the Beachfront Park
Jamestown Beach Event Park is a family and dog-friendly beach that's open daily 8 a.m. - sunset. The beachfront park features picnic areas (some shaded) with charcoal grills; a designated fishing area (freshwater license is required); an observation pier (for viewing only); outdoor rinse stations; paddle craft launch/loading/storage area; and a concession facility where ice cream, hot dogs, hamburgers, drinks and snacks are sold. Kayaks are available for rent Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day, unless otherwise posted. This fully accessible park features an ADA-accessible walkway, parking, restrooms, outdoor rinse stations, picnic area and grill, and a beach mat that provides direct access to the river. A floating beach chair is available for guests who request water access accommodation Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day.
Health & Safety
To ensure all visitors’ health and safety, and to protect sensitive beach environment, please observe the following guidelines:
- Children under age 12 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian age 16 or older.
- Swimming is at your own risk. No lifeguards on duty.
- Glass containers and picnic tables are not permitted on the beach.
- Please do not handle the water buoys, jump off the observation pier, climb on rocks or enter environmentally-sensitive areas.
- Are there lifeguards at Jamestown Beach Event Park?
- Is Jamestown Beach Event Park staffed?
- What time does Jamestown Beach Event Park open and close?
- Is there a fee to visit Jamestown Beach Event Park?
- Is water quality testing performed at Jamestown Beach Event Park?
- Are personal grills allowed at Jamestown Beach Event Park?
- Are picnic tables available at Jamestown Beach Event Park?
- May I use a tent for shade at Jamestown Beach Event Park?
- May I have an event at Jamestown Beach Event Park?
- Are dogs allowed at Jamestown Beach Event Park?
- May I listen to music at Jamestown Beach Event Park?
- Are alcoholic beverages allowed at Jamestown Beach Event Park?
- Are metal-detecting and drones allowed at Jamestown Beach Event Park?
- Is camping allowed at Jamestown Beach Event Park?
- Is fishing allowed at Jamestown Beach Event Park?
- When is the floating beach chair available?
Tents, Inflatables, Generators and Other
Single, free standing tents, up to 16’x16’, are permitted in open space within the park, but not permitted within 100’ of picnic shelters, the playground, sports courts, parking lot, pedestrian paths or on the patio. Tents must be anchored per manufacturer’s recommendations, with tie downs marked in a noticeable manner and may not be combined with other tents. Use of tents larger than 16’x16’, inflatables, generators, petting zoos or any amusement attraction, towable smoker/grill or fryers, or other large equipment will require a Special Park Use Permit and additional fees, and approval will be based on date, size, scope of the event and any conflicts the event may have on public usage of the park.